Types of documents to use
Articles must be submitted in ODF (OpenOffice) or DOCX (Word 2007/2010) format.
The obsolete DOC format of older versions of Word cannot be accepted.
You can use any software to do your writing so long as it saves the document in one of these two formats. There is a list of wordprocessors at OpenDocument software.
Format to use
The Named Styles from the stylesheet provided below must be used for submitting articles to The Boolean
Instructions on formatting your article and using stylesheets are available to download here: Do it with style, guide to formatting articles for submission to The Boolean
How to submit your article
Articles must be submitted electronically using the UCC Electronic Training in Academic Publishing and Editing Journal (ETAPE). Instructions on how to use ETAPE are available to download here: Using ETAPE, guide to using the UCC Electronic Training in Academic Publishing and Editing Journal
Stylesheet (template) for authors
- boolean-article-v3.ott (updated 2011-04-21)
- Microsoft Word 2003 and earlier
- boolean-article-v3.dot (updated 2011-04-21)
- Microsoft Word 2008/2010
- boolean-article-v3.dotx (updated 2011-04-21)
More in-depth instructions on using styles
- How to make style names show up in Microsoft Word
- Set up Word to show style names
- How to import a Word style template to an existing document
- Adding the style template to your article
- How to show the available styles
- Displaying the styles available
- How to apply style names to your article
- Changing a style